Healthy whole grain sprouted bread (rye, moong sprouts, flax seeds & oat fiber) topped with yummy homemade creamy yogurt spread and vegetables serves as an excellent meal at anytime of the day. Yogurt has good probiotics known as the good or helpful bacteria which help to keep your gut / digestive system healthy. Satisfy your taste buds with these healthy sandwiches.
Ingredients: Serves 2
Whole Grain Sprouted bread / Whole wheat bread – 2 slices
Butter / Olive oil for toasting bread – optional
Tomato : 12 slices (6 on each)
Cucumber : 12 slices (6 on each)
Onion – 4 slices (2 on each)
Green Bellpeppers / capsicum – 4 slices (2 on each)
Greek Yogurt / Homemade thick yogurt – 4 tablespoon
Paprika / Chilli powder – as per taste
Salt – as per taste
Pepper – as per taste
Chopped Parsley – 2 tablespoon
Grated garlic – 2 cloves
Chaat Masala – as per taste
Nutritional yeast / grated cheese – as required
1.To make the yogurt spread : In a bowl add the yogurt, paprika powder, grated garlic, salt, chopped parsley and mix well. Keep aside.
2.Toast the bread till crispy on both the sides.
3. Now, apply the yogurt spread generously and place the cucumber, onion, capsicum, tomato slices one above the other as shown in the picture.
4. Sprinkle some pepper, salt, chaat masala and Nutritional yeast.
5. If desired, you can grate some cheese on the top.
6. Serve immediately and Enjoy a wholesome healthy meal.
- Greens like spinach, lettuce, kale can also be added to this sandwich.
- Nutritional yeast is an alternative to cheese.
- Chaat Masala can be found in Indian grocery place.