Kale Cabbage Soy Bites are a high power packed protein snack which is perfect for anytime snacking. My husband just loves this snack and can just have countless of them. They are also perfect as a party starter. Kale, Cabbage and Soy make it a wholesome meal in itself. Being Air Fried rather than deep fried makes them even more nutritious and healthy. This is perfect for Vegans and Vegetarians who are always on the lookout for different ways to add more protein to their diet. I’m sure even a non-vegetarian would love this snack. These bites can also be packed for school lunch box. Serve them hot with a chutney or dip of your choice.
Did you know: Kale is a super healthy green King. Its loaded with vitamins, minerals and antioxidant properties.
Green Cabbage also contains vitamins, minerals and helps in controlling blood pressure, helps lose weight in a healthy way.
Red Cabbage contains essential dietary fibre, vitamins and minerals. Promotes good health and boost the immune system.
Soy Chunks/ Granules are perfect for vegans and vegetarians who forgo the consumption of meat and who are always looking for alternatives to meet their nutritional needs. Soy chunks are made from soy beans and they work well as a meat substitute. They are power packed with protein, calcium and iron.
Nutritional Yeast is perfect for vegans since it is an alternative to regular cheese.
Ingredients: Serves 2 to 3
1 cup Kale leaves finely chopped
1 cup chopped Red and Green Cabbage
½ cup Gram Flour / Besan
3 tablespoon Rice Flour
½ cup Soya chunk mince
½ teaspoon Coriander-Cumin powder
½ teaspoon Garam Masala Powder
Red chilli powder as per taste
½ teaspoon Tumeric powder
Salt as per taste
1 teaspoon Nutritional Yeast or grated cheese (if not vegan)
2 teaspoon Olive Oil (divided)
3 to 4 tablespoon of Water for kneading
1. To prepare the Kale Cabbage Soy Bites, first soak ½ cup dry soy chunks in warm water for 15 minutes. When the soy chunks puff up, squeeze out all the excess water by pressing the chunks between the two palms and chop it fine in a blender or a food processor.
2. In a large mixing bowl combine all the vegetables, dry masala, flour, 1 teaspoon olive oil and bind together to form a dough like mixture with the help of some water.
3. Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape each portion into small size balls.
4. Check the spice and salt to suit your taste.
5. Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 F or 200 C (approx.). Place the Kale Cabbage Soy Bites into the Air Fryer and gently brush them with the remaining 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Bake them for 15 minutes or until outer layer turns crisp and brown.
6. Alternatively these bites can also be baked in preheated oven, Paniyaram Pan or even shallow fried according to your preference.
7. When done, transfer the Kale Cabbage Soy Bites to a serving platter and serve hot with chutney or dip of your liking.