Crunchy Granola made with nutritious oats, nuts, seeds and natural sweetener honey is a crunchy, quick and a healthier snack to eat. Oats are known to lower the cholesterol levels and help to control blood pressure. Nuts and seeds provide the essential good fats, Omega 3s and 6s . These are flavored with cinnamon which helps in lowering blood sugar levels and has anti-inflammatory properties. Granola can be added to milk or yogurt and topping it up with some fruits makes an easy and quick guilt free breakfast or a healthy snack. These homemade baked granolas are a great swap to the store brought packets. Healthy Snacking !!
Ingredients: Makes 7 cups
Old- fashioned Rolled Oats – 3 cups
Chia Seeds – 3 tablespoon
Hemp Seeds – 3 tablespoon
Flax Seeds – 3 tablespoon
Unsweetened organic coconut flakes – 3 tablespoon
Almonds coarsely chopped– ½ cup
Walnuts coarsely chopped – ½ cup
Raisins – ¼ cup
Goji Berries – 3 to 4 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Cinnamon Powder – 1 teaspoon
Vanilla Extract – 1 teaspoon
Organic Honey – 1/3 cup
Olive Oil – ¼ cup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F or 170 degress Cel (approx.). Line a baking dish with silicone sheet or parchment paper and grease well with some oil.
- Coarsely chop the nuts in a food processor or put it in a zip lock back and break it with a rolling pin.
3. Combine the oats, almonds, walnuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds in a large bowl and mix well.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, oil, salt, cinnamon powder and vanilla extract until the whole mixture is combined well.
5. Pour the wet ingredients on the oats and nuts mixture and mix well.
6. Spread the granola mixture evenly onto the prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 40 minutes. After every 10 minutes, take out the dish and give it a gentle mix and re-spread the mixture and bake until medium golden brown color. Watch carefully since mixture can burn towards the end of the baking time especially in the corners.
7. Transfer the granola to another heatproof dish to stop the cooking process. At first the granola will still be little soft in texture but when it cools down completely at room temperature it will become more crunchy. If the granola is stuck to each other break them up and mix the raisins and goji berries.
8. Store them in an airtight container and enjoy it with yogurt, milk or just as a healthy snack. Enjoy.
- Do not use instant oats for this recipe.
- Different types of nuts like pecans, cashews can also be used.
- Dry cranberries, blueberries, figs can also be added.
- The recipe can be altered as per your preference and taste.