Green Hummus is my variation to the regular classic hummus. I have given a twist to this original classic recipe which is a popular Middle Eastern dip with main ingredients as chickpeas. I have added my favorite superfood greens Organifi to this recipe (the twist to the light green color). This superfood greens are infused with nature’s best ingredients Ashwangandha, Tumeric, Wheatgrass, Spirulina, Matcha green tea and many more. My family just loves this superfood Organifi. I just added a scoop of it to my hummus recipe and it tasted amazing. So you get the benefit of the protein from the Chickpeas as well as nature’s gifted nutrients all loaded in one recipe. If you can’t find Organifi near your place, you can substitute with Spinach leaves (1 cup). These are perfect make ahead spreads that can be stored for a maximum one week. They can be served as a spread on sandwiches, wraps, crackers. Your body is going to thank you for this recipe.
Ingredients: Makes 2 cups
Boiled Chickpeas – 2 cups
Homemade Sesame Seed paste or Tahini paste – 3 tablespoon
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – ¼ cup
Organifi Greens – 1 scoop
Salt & Pepper – as per taste
Garlic Cloves – 5 to 6
Juice from 1 lemon
- To make the sesame seed paste, soak the sesame seed in 4 tablespoon of hot water for one hour and grind it to a fine paste and keep aside. Try making the sesame seed paste at home since the store bought Tahini paste are loaded with unwanted chemicals.
- To make the green hummus, in a food processor add all the ingredients and blend until it becomes a smooth paste.
- If the hummus mixture becomes thick, 1 or 2 tablespoon of olive oil can be added to adjust the consistency.
- Do a taste test to check on the salt and pepper.
- Serve with your favorite baked chips, sandwich or even as dip for some freshly cut salads. Enjoy.
- Organifi is one of our family’s favorite superfood green drink. Try to get your hands on this amazing superfood at organifi.com
- Spinach can be used if you can’t get Organifi at your place of living.
My home made pesto, with fresh ingredients like basil, kale and nuts tastes delicious and can be served with pastas, spaghetti, pizza topping or can also be served as a dip. Do try it out and let me know your feedback.
Ingredients: Makes 2 cups approx.
Fresh Basil leaves (no stems) – 250 grams / 1 cup
Kale leaves – 1 cup / 4 stalks of kale (no stems)
Almonds (without skin) – ¼ cup
Garlic cloves – 4 to 5
Pepper and Salt to taste
Extra Virgin Olive oil – ½ cup
Nutritional Yeast / Grated Parmesan cheese – 2 to 3 teaspoon
- How to remove skin from almonds: Bring water to a high boil in a small pot / kadai. Place the almonds in the boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the almonds in a strainer and dry them with a kitchen/paper towel. Now, using your fingers squeeze the almonds gently to remove the skin.
- To begin making the Pesto, first grind all the ingredients in a food processor / blender until the pesto is thoroughly pureed.
- You can store the Pesto in the refrigerator for a maximum up to 10 days.
- Serve with your favorite pasta, sandwiches, pizza toppings or even as a dip.
1. Spinach leaves can be used in place of Kale leaves.
2. Walnuts or Pine nuts can be used in place of Almonds.
3. Fresh mint, parsley, cilantro can also be added to the recipe.
Raw Mango – 1 large or 2 small
Chopped Coriander leaves – 1 cup
Chopped Mint leaves – ½ cup
Skinless peanuts – ½ cup
Asafoetida / Hing – less than ¼ teaspoon or just a pinch
Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
Black salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
Ginger piece – 1 small piece or when grated 1 teaspoon
Roasted Cumin / Jeera powder – 1 teaspoon
Green Chillies – 2 to 3 depending on how spicy you want.
Water – needed little for grinding
- To prepare the chutney, first peel off the skin of the raw mango and cut them into small pieces discarding the seed.
- To remove the skin of the peanuts:
- Soak the peanuts in sufficient luke warm water for 30 minutes.
- During the soaking period the peanuts will expand a bit in size as it absorbs the water.
- After the soaking period, you can now easily slip the skin off with the fingers.
- In a Mixer / Blender add the chopped mango, coriander, mint, peanuts, hing, salt, black salt, ginger, cumin powder, green chillies and 2 to 2 teaspoon of water and grind well.
- Check the consistency of the chutney and add more water if needed for further grinding.
- Do a salt and spice taste and when everything fine, the chutney is ready to serve.
- This chutney can be served along with Dhoklas, Samosas, on Sandwiches, pakoras and many more dishes.
Skinless Peanuts are available in any grocery stores and can be used for this recipe.